Scientific Integrity: Text and Cases in Responsible Conduct of Research
- ISBN-13: 9781555816612
- Publisher: ASM Press
- Release Date: Jul 23, 2014
- Edition: 4
- Pages: 568 pages
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 9.9 x 6.9 inches
- Sales Rank: 58157
This widely adopted textbook provides the essential content and skill-building tools for teaching the responsible conduct of scientific research. Scientific Integrity covers the breadth of concerns faced by scientists: protection of animal and human experimental subjects, scientific publication, intellectual property, conflict of interest, collaboration, record keeping, mentoring, and the social and ethical responsibilities of scientists. Learning activities and resources designed to elucidate the principles of scientific integrity include
- Dozens of highly relevant, interactive case studies for discussion in class or online
- Numerous print and online resources covering the newest research guidelines, regulations, mandates and policies
- Discussion questions, role-playing exercises, and survey tools to promote critical thought
- Documents including published rules of conduct, sample experimentation protocols, and patent applications
The new edition of Scientific Integrity responds to significant recent changes―new mandates, policies, laws, and other developments―in the field of responsible conduct of research. Dr. Macrina plants the seeds of awareness of existing, changing, and emerging standards in scientific conduct and provides the tools to promote critical thinking in the use of that information.
Scientific Integrity is the original turnkey text to guide the next generations of scientists as well as practicing researchers in the essential skills and approaches for the responsible conduct of science.
We Also Recommend