Engaging Writing 1: Essential Skills for Academic Writing
- ISBN-13: 9780136085188
- Publisher: Pearson Education ESL
- Release Date: Jan 21, 2011
- Edition: 1st
- Pages: 255 pages
- Dimensions: 0.7 x 9.7 x 7.9 inches
- Sales Rank: 62337
Engaging Writing, a newly expanded two-level series, gives students the concepts and skills they need for success in academic writing. Engaging Writing provides clear, step-by-step instruction in the writing process, focusing first on paragraphs ( Engaging Writing 1 ) and progressing to essays ( Engaging Writing 2 ). Engaging Writing fully supports the needs of intermediate to advanced ESL learners.
Features of Engaging Writing 1:
- Well-crafted instructional sequence allows for progressive skill building.
- Appealing themes and topics stimulate discussion and provide ideas for writing.
- Realistic models provide benchmarks for students to judge their own work.
- Guided writing activities show students how to brainstorm, focus, and organize.
- Appendices include a review of grammar and mechanics with exercises.
Together Engaging Writing 1 and 2 feature a solid pedagogical core, using clearly presented and logically sequenced rhetorical, grammatical, and lexical teaching points supported by high-interest activities.
We Also Recommend