Grant’s Dissector, Sixteenth Edition, now revised to meet the needs of today’s gross anatomy dissection courses, remains the go-to guide for dissection in the anatomy lab. This classic manual provides step-by-step dissection procedures with the instruction and anatomical detail you need to recognize important relationships revealed through dissection. Each chapter is consistently organized beginning with a “Dissection Overview,” followed by detailed “Dissection Instructions,” and concluding with a “Dissection Follow-up.”
The Dissection Overview provides a blueprint of what you will accomplish during the dissection session, and includes relevant surface anatomy as well as concise coverage of osteology. Dissection Instructions offer a logical sequence and numbered steps for the dissection. The Dissection Follow-up emphasizes important features of the dissection and encourages you to reflect on and synthesize the information.
- Newly revised for easy-to-follow consistency throughout every chapter.
- Dissection Overviews now include numbered, step-by-step instructions to guide you through relevant surface anatomy and osteology.
- Each step in the Dissection Instructions has been carefully reworded to clarify and improve the dissection experience.
- More than 30 new summary tables provide an excellent review resource and make the dissection steps more task-oriented and concise.
- Dissection Follow-up sections now contain a numbered list of tasks to perform following the dissection.
- Revised abdominal wall and head dissection instructions offer effective new approaches to these complex anatomical regions.
- More than 100 modified or brand-new illustrations throughout.
- Conveniently cross-referenced to Grant’s Atlas of Anatomy and three other unique atlases for appropriate illustrations of each anatomical area.
- Clinical Correlation boxes are integrated into instructions and provide context for health care practice.
We Also Recommend