Buy a new version of this Connected Casebook and receive access to the online e-book, practice questions from your favorite study aids, and an outline tool on CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
The extraordinary authorship of William A. Allen and Reinier Kraakman provides a unique real-world perspective to Commentaries and Cases on the Law of Business Organization. Logical and flexible organization allows for chapters to be taught in any order to accommodate alternative teaching approaches. Rich commentary in the form of explanatory notes facilitates teaching and understanding. Careful case selection and editing presents both classic and important recent cases. An economic-analysis perspective is made accessible through clear and consistent explanatory text. Examples, hypotheticals, and diagrams illustrate conceptual and theoretical models. The text can easily be used in a Business Organization course with a focus on corporate law. The Teacher’s Manual includes detailed guidance for structuring the course, case analyses, and answers to questions raised in the book.
- New chapter on basic finance and valuation concepts that updates materials from earlier editions
- Extensively revised chapter on the corporate voting system which addresses the success of several governance reforms
- Updated discussion of the duty of loyalty including Delaware benefit corporations and the demise of Emerald Partners II
- Up-to-date and authoritative commentary on the Delaware case law
- A presentation centered on the principal-agent problem, which gives students a functional framework for understanding both statutory law and judicial decisions
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions from Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines, Emanuel Law in a Flash flashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.
We Also Recommend