Tracing Pathogens in the Food Chain (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition)
- ISBN-13: 9780081014790
- Publisher: Woodhead Publishing
- Release Date: Sep 02, 2016
- Edition: Paperback reprint of hardcover 1st ed., 2010
- Pages: 640 pages
- Dimensions: 1.45 x 9.21 x 6.14 inches
- Sales Rank: 0
Part one provides an introduction to foodborne pathogen surveillance, outbreak investigation and control. Part two concentrates on subtyping of foodborne pathogens, with chapters on phenoytypic subtyping and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, as well as emerging methods. The vital topics of method validation and quality assurance are also covered. The focus in Part three is on particular techniques for the surveillance and study of pathogens, such as protein-based analysis, ribotyping and comparative genomics. Finally, Part four focuses on tracing pathogens in specific food chains, such as red meat and game, dairy, fish and shellfish.
With its distinguished editors and international team of contributors, Tracing pathogens in the food chain is a standard reference for researchers, public health experts and food industry professionals concerned with the study and control of foodborne disease.
- Reviews key aspects of the surveillance, analysis and spread of foodborne pathogens
- Provides an overview of method validation and quality assurance
- Examines the tracing of pathogens in specific food chains, such as red meat, game and dairy
We Also Recommend