An Introduction to Korean Linguistics is a valuable and comprehensive text for those with an interest in Korean linguistics.
This book provides an in-depth introduction to the basics of Korean linguistics, and modern linguistic theory, in an accessible style. It features a step-by-step approach designed to lead the reader through the linguistic make-up of the language, from the basics of its sound system and sentence structure to the semantics of modern spoken Korean.
- Detailed chapters covering the core areas in the field of linguistics, including phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax
- Clear and accessible explanations which effectively demonstrate the intricacies and subtleties of the Korean language
- Suggested readings for those interested in expanding their knowledge of a specific topic
- Exercises designed to complement the factual and analytical issues covered in each chapter
- A comprehensive glossary of central terms and a companion website offering a wealth of additional materials.
Korean is an invaluable language for the study of theoretical and comparative linguistics as it provides important examples and counter-examples to key issues, making An Introduction to Korean Linguistics an essential text for students and professional linguists alike.
We Also Recommend