Clear Grammar is a four-level grammar series that features a unique combination of useful grammar information written in clear language with activities that promote more accurate and fluent vocabulary usage, writing, speaking, and reading.
Important features of all four new editions of Clear Grammar include:
- More user-friendly charts to accompany grammar explanations
- High-frequency, corpus-based vocabulary related to each grammar point
- Grammar discovery tasks using students’ inductive learning skills
- A greater variety and increased number of activities, including more practice online
- Many more activities at the longer discourse level
- The addition of reading practice at the end of the unit, as well a critical-reading task
- More writing practice, including one on editing student writing and another for original student writing
- Two vocabulary practice activities, including a focus on collocations, in each unit, as well as many one-minute mini lessons showing the connection between grammar and vocabulary
- More speaking practice, with activities that require students to speak and listen to each other while using the target grammar
- Support for teachers in the form of indicators that reference how to teach the grammar points in the Clear Grammar series from Keys to Teaching Grammar for English Language Learners by Keith S. Folse (978-0-472-03220-4).
Clear Grammar 1 offers students and teachers a solid introduction to beginning-level grammar. It also includes an introduction to the present perfect.
Clear Grammar 1, 2nd Ed., includes
- Present tense of be and regular verbs Possessive adjectives and demonstrative words Descriptive adjectives Past tense of be, regular, and irregular verbs Wh- questions Present progressive Count vs. non-count nouns Prepositions Be going to + Verb Review of verb tenses
The book's companion website includes the additional grammar/vocabulary activities indicated in the textbook.
We Also Recommend