- Professor Margaret Carr, University of Waikato, New Zealand
Effective and caring leadership is an essential part of raising standards and increasing the quality of learning in early childhood settings. This book explains leadership practices that can make a positive difference to the provision offered and improve outcomes for both children and families.
With theoretical, practical and research-informed perspectives, this book:
- Uses case studies to provide examples of effective leadership
- Integrates education and care with key practices in effective leadership
- Explores directional, collaborative, empowering and pedagogical leadership
- Offers readers opportunity to reflect upon their own leadership practices
This is a key text for anyone studying Early Childhood, existing and aspiring leaders, graduate Early Years Leaders and those training to work in settings, schools and children’s services.
Professor Iram Siraj is Professor of Early Childhood Education at the Institute of Education, University of London.
Dr. Elaine Hallet is a Lecturer in Early Childhood Education at the Institute of Education, University of London.
We Also Recommend