Complete coverage of the thermodynamics of radiation matter for solar energy utilization
This comprehensive guide reviews the fundamentals of the thermodynamics of radiation matter--photon gas. The book introduces the exergy of radiation through the most advanced thermodynamic analysis of the solar power processes involving radiation.
Engineering Thermodynamics of Thermal Radiation: For Solar Power Utilization provides, for the first time, an exhaustive discussion on energy and exergy analysis of radiation processes. Extensive details on the exergy of radiation are developed for evaluation of the practical uses of radiation. This volume contains quantitative calculation examples for solar heating, a solar chimney power plant, photosynthesis, and photovoltaic technology. Addressed to researchers, designers, and users of different solar installations, the book also has the potential to inspire the development of new applications of radiation exergy.
- Definitions and laws of substance and radiation
- Laws of thermodynamic analysis, including energy and exergy analysis
- Thermodynamic properties of photon gas
- Exergy of emission and arbitrary radiation flux
- Energy, entropy, and exergy radiation spectra of surfaces
- Thermodynamic analysis of heat from the sun, a solar chimney power plant, photosynthesis, and the photovoltaic
We Also Recommend