Enterprise Security Risk Management: Developing an Effective Asset Protection Program shows how to think about the underlying risks organizations face and how they connect to the threats and challenges in today’s global environment. Security management in many organizations is often based on a reaction to the latest threat or a recent major loss. In contrast, this book advocates for an ongoing analytical and strategic process that responds to the ever changing risk environment, connecting practical applications to the real world challenges that all organizational and security professionals face daily.
Offering a menu of strategies for success, Enterprise Security Risk Management provides the foundation with which both professionals and students can understand, build, and implement an effective asset protection program. Beginning with a conceptual overview of enterprise security risk management, the book explores the key tools that can be orchestrated into a comprehensive assets protection strategy. Covering applications and issues in a variety of organizational settings and industry sectors, the book draws a critical nexus between the security function and organizational management for any organization.
- Blends conceptual precepts with practical application, making it accessible for both real world and academic settings
- Illustrates key points using case studies
- Provides context with a "Setting the Stage" section at the start of each chapter
- Includes “Thought Exercises to challenge readers to identify how to they would respond to real-world scenarios
- Provides a "Digging Deeper" section with specific references and resources related to the topic in each chapter and section for further reading
We Also Recommend