Fast and Effective Embedded Systems Design is a fast-moving introduction to embedded systems design, applying the innovative ARM mbed and its web-based development environment. Each chapter introduces a major topic in embedded systems, and proceeds as a series of practical experiments, adopting a "learning through doing" strategy. Minimal background knowledge is needed to start. C/C++ programming is applied, with a step-by-step approach which allows you to get coding quickly. Once the basics are covered, the book progresses to some "hot" embedded issues – intelligent instrumentation, wireless and networked systems, digital audio and digital signal processing. In this new edition all examples and peripheral devices are updated to use the most recent libraries and peripheral devices, with increased technical depth, and introduction of the "mbed enabled" concept.
Written by two experts in the field, this book reflects on the experimental results, develops and matches theory to practice, evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of the technology and techniques introduced, and considers applications in a wider context.
New Chapters on:
- Bluetooth and ZigBee communication
- Internet communication and control, setting the scene for the ‘Internet of Things’
- Digital Audio, with high-fidelity applications and use of the I2S bus
- Power supply, and very low power applications
- The development process of moving from prototyping to small-scale or mass manufacture, with a commercial case study.
- Updates all examples and peripheral devices to use the most recent libraries and peripheral products
- Includes examples with touch screen displays and includes high definition audio input/output with the I2S interface
- Covers the development process of moving from prototyping to small-scale or mass manufacture with commercial case studies
- Covers hot embedded issues such as intelligent instrumentation, networked systems, closed loop control, and digital signal processing
We Also Recommend