In this engrossing collection of stories and anecdotes, Fr. Roderick shares how he became a new media missionary.” Focusing on the importance of personal connection (an essential ingredient of new media), he uncovers the exciting possibilities of using all forms of media to successfully accomplish the mission Jesus gave us: to evangelize the world. Each chapter contains illustrations of using new media as a way to reach out to others. Some examples:
- How the pope got his iPod
- Reaching 50,000 Harry Potter fans without waving a magic wand
- Why gaming can be good for the soul
- How to deal with online atheists
- The Mass and mass media
- How you, too, can become a new media missionary
Fr. Roderick’s stories introduce a young, secularized generation to an experience of God at work in his Church and in individual lives. Instead of presenting dry theories and principles, this book reveals those principles through experiences of one of today’s leading Catholic new media entrepreneurs.