- Why was Germany divided in 1949?
- To what extent did the FRG and GDR become models of their respective ideological systems?
- Why was there an easing of relations between the two Germanys?
- To what extent was the GDR a totalitarian state?
- Was reunification inevitable and to what extent has it been successful?
Throughout the book, key dates, terms and issues are highlighted, and historical interpretations of key debates are outlined. Summary diagrams are included to consolidate knowledge and understanding of the period, and exam-style questions and tips written by examiners provide the opportunity to develop exam skills.
We Also Recommend