While most books only examine the classical aspects of hydrology, the three-volume set covers multiple aspects of hydrology, and includes contributions from experts from more than 30 countries. It examines new approaches, addresses growing concerns about hydrological and ecological connectivity, and considers the worldwide impact of climate change.
It also provides updated material on hydrological science and engineering, discussing recent developments as well as classic approaches. Published in three books, Fundamentals and Applications; Modeling, Climate Change, and Variability; and Environmental Hydrology and Water Management, the entire set consists of 87 chapters, and contains 29 chapters in each book.
The chapters in this book contain information on:
- Long-term generation of scheduling of hydro plants, check dam selection procedures in rainwater harvesting, and stochastic reservoir analysis
- Ecohydrology for engineering harmony in the changing world, concepts, and plant water use
- Conjunctive use of groundwater and surface water
- Hydrologic and hydraulic design in green infrastructure
- Data processing in hydrology, optimum hydrometric site selection and quality control, and homogenization of climatological series
- Cold region hydrology, evapotranspiration, and water consumption
- Modern flood prediction and warning systems, and satellite-based systems for flood monitoring and warning
- Catchment water yield estimation, hydrograph analysis and base flow separation, and low flow hydrology
- Sustainability in urban water systems and urban hydrology
Students, practitioners, policy makers, consultants and researchers can benefit from the use of this text.
We Also Recommend