Drawing on the latest research on group work, this accessible book will help you master key concepts and skills. Providing insightful coverage of diversity and multicultural issues, How to Form a Group focuses on all aspects of forming an effective group, including:
- Strategies for overcoming environmental roadblocks to group formation, such as agency staff lack of support for groups
- Key practices to consider when organizing groups
- Practical guidance on how to attract the “right” members to the “right” groups
- Concrete suggestions for organizing, marketing, recruiting, screening, selecting, and composing groups
- Differentiation between groups that are remedial in purpose from those that are more preventive in scope
This book is endorsed by the Association for Specialists in Group Work.
We Also Recommend