Routledge Applied Linguistics is a series of comprehensive textbooks, providing students and researchers with the support they need for advanced study in the core areas of English language and Applied Linguistics.
Each book in the series guides readers through three main sections, enabling them to explore and develop major themes within the discipline.
- Section A, Introduction, establishes the key terms and concepts and extends readers’ techniques of analysis through practical application.
- Section B, Extension, brings together influential articles, sets them in context, and discusses their contribution to the field.
- Section C, Exploration, builds on knowledge gained in the first two sections, setting thoughtful tasks around further illustrative material. This enables readers to engage more actively with the subject matter and encourages them to develop their own research responses.
Throughout the book, topics are revisited, extended, interwoven and deconstructed, with the reader’s understanding strengthened by tasks and follow-up questions.
This highly successful text introduces and explores the dynamic area of intercultural communication and the 3rd edition has been updated and features:
- New readings by Janet Holmes, Fred Dervin, Lei Guo, Summer Harlow and Adrian Holliday that reflect the most recent changes in the field.
- A brand new unit on discourses of culture
- Refreshed and expanded examples and exercises
- Revised further reading
Written by experienced teachers and researchers in the field, Intercultural Communication 3rd edition provides an essential textbook for advanced students studying this topic.
We Also Recommend