Our Catholic Faith: Living What We Believe offers a general overview of the Catholic faith as outlined by the four pillars of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and is designed for use in an introductory Catholic high school theology course. Because students enter Catholic high school with diverse catechetical instruction and formation experiences, a primary objective of this text is to get students up to speed early in their high school careers. Students are challenged to accept Jesus, commit themselves to him through the Church, and to live lives of loving service.
This revised edition of Our Catholic Faith includes several new elements:
- Profiles of Faith: Each chapter includes a profile of a saint or contemporary Christian hero. Application ideas and suggested further reading are also included.
- Explaining the Faith: Q&As about the Catholic faith based on the USCCB High School Curriculum Framework are scattered throughout the text.
- Section Summaries: Review questions and reflection starters are provided at the end of each section.
- New Chapter Summaries: A "Chapter Quick View" provides a bulleted summary with page references. A list of long-term projects provides more depth and breadth for supplemental exploration.
- Updated Features and Statistics: Throughout the text, modern, real-life stories and statistics give students opportunities to apply Church teaching to everyday situations.
We Also Recommend