Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education Pennsylvania Edition provides a brief, reader-friendly introduction to the field of early childhood education. It presents engaging chapter features on early childhood programs, professionals in practice, diversity strategies, technology issues, and ethical decision-making. Separate chapters on infants and toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and the primary grades explore young children’s unique developmental and educational needs. Fundamentals’ emphasis on professionalism throughout keeps the focus on meeting the needs of each and every child and providing up-to-date information and strategies to develop competent, informed early childhood professionals. The Pennsylvania edition provides an additional chapter on Grades Four through Six presenting developmental content, content area information, and strategies for teaching children in grades four, five, and six.
New to this edition:
· MyEducationLab margin notes in every chapter integrate new online assignable video-based exercises, linked to learning outcomes and NAEYC Standards, perfect for all types of courses.
· A Study Plan on MyEducationLab provides practice multiple-choice items with feedback.
· Chapter content is aligned with the revised six NAEYC Standards for Professional Preparation Programs.
· New “Accommodating Diverse Learners” sections address the inclusion of all children, including those with special needs. This feature recognizes the ongoing integration of the fields of early childhood education and early childhood special education.
· Many additional core content examples and illustrations and a streamlined body of features result in a more accessible and applied edition.
Resources: Online Instructor’s Manual; Online Test Bank; MyTest, an electronic test management system that also generates WebCT and Blackboard formats; and Online PowerPoints.
We Also Recommend