Maintain peace of mind while you are working or living abroad―wherever and however you travel.
As an international traveler, you know there are risks. But are you doing everything you can to protect yourself and your belongings? Whether you are traveling for work or pleasure, Personal Security: A Guide for International Travelers enables you to prevent security incidents and react in life-saving ways during a crisis. This comprehensive manual answers questions such as: Which criteria should you use for selecting the safest hotel or airline? How to deal with corrupt officials? What are special considerations for women, families, elderly, or travelers with disabilities? What support can you expect from your organization and what are your responsibilities?
- Benefit from lessons learned from leading experts and seasoned travelers
- Learn how criminals select their targets and manipulate situations, whether for street crime or serious attack such as kidnapping or terrorism
- See yourself from the local perspective
- Deal with common travel inconveniences and stress factors proactively
- Improve your situational awareness
- Increase your effectiveness by realistically assessing threats
- Make the most out of the opportunities that traveling brings
Tanya Spencer has traveled extensively to high-risk destinations and has trained 1000s of people how to safely navigate the complexities of international travel. Emphasizing prevention, the book covers medical, cultural, and political considerations, so you understand exactly what you must do before and while you are abroad. It provides flexible frameworks, models, and tools that allow you to easily apply the wealth of tips and advice to any travel situation you might face. Before your next trip, benefit from these time-tested strategies for proactively managing travel risks.
We Also Recommend