- original findings from cutting-edge research from scholars such as Mary Bucholtz, Walt Wolfram and Peter Patrick;
- coverage of organisational contexts including education, government, justice, heritage, and the workplace;
- activities including after-school programmes, workplace training courses, social media campaigns, and video productions;
- application of research to professional practice including teaching (primary school to university), adjudication, police interviewing, and governmental policymaking;
- contributors' personal reflections on the research process and its outcomes, including constructive critiques of institutional definitions of impact.
With chapters spanning research across five continents, Sociolinguistic Research: Application and Impact is essential reading for sociolinguistic researchers, students embarking on sociolinguistic research, and anyone interested in the practical application of research on language and society.
We Also Recommend