As a former fighter pilot and Executive Officer of the Red Arrows, Justin Hughes is no stranger to high performance in the most demanding of environments. And during a further 13 years as an entrepreneur and consultant, he has had an unparalleled opportunity to dissect and better understand the relevance of his experience to other organizations aspiring to high performance, as well as also learning from his clients in turn.
Drawing on all of the above, The Business of Excellence offers a unique and compelling perspective on the drivers of excellence in teams and organizations. The challenges of high performance and leadership are explored in depth, and are illustrated with insights, interviews and case studies from the military, sporting and corporate worlds.
Featuring a proprietary performance model that can be applied to a wide spectrum of organizations, the book focuses on key factors such as:
· People: the primacy of attitude over skills
· Capability: building alignment before setting people free
· Delivery: a process to close the gap between desired and actual outcomes
· Learning: how to accelerate performance in real time
· Leadership: exhibiting a set of behaviours such that others choose to follow
· Risk: avoiding the victory of compliance over outcomes.
In The Business of Excellence, Justin deconstructs the drivers of high performance with a rare clarity, insight and accessibility, to illustrate and explain tangible tools and methods, all of which can be applied by readers in their own teams and organizations.
We Also Recommend