The third volume of the four-book series that guides students into the creation of sophisticated short fiction and mature poetry.• Complements Peace Hill Press’s expository series Writing With Skill by providing the imaginative element that many students want.
• Unlike most “how to write” books, these are designed to be used in a mentor/student relationship, with teaching, guidance, and evaluation tips provided for the mentor or teacher.
• All exercises build towards the production of finished creative pieces
• Sequential, logical, step-by-step instruction
• The third level builds on the introductory volume, The Creative Writer: Five Finger Exercises, but can be started directly by older students.
• Instruction in the five essentials of fiction: plot, characters, dialogue, point of view, and setting. Level Three leads students into the construction of more complex plots, evocative settings, and three-dimensional characters
• Guidance in the essential art of poetry: sound, rhythm, word choice, and poem construction. Level Three draws students into even more sophisticated use of words and themes.
We Also Recommend