- provides guidance for developing a Friends group for public and academic libraries;
- explains how to merge a Friends group with a foundation;
- gives pointers on encouraging Friends to attract new and active members, working with the Friends board to develop leadership skills, and other crucial partnership strategies;
- addresses the sticky situation of "unfriendly" Friends, with sage advice on handling Friends who seem unmotivated when it comes to fundraising or advocacy, are uncommunicative, overstep their bounds, and other difficult issues; and
- shares fundraising, advocacy, programs, and membership development best practices from Friends groups across the country.
We Also Recommend