Setting the Standard for Product Management and Marketing
Many of the leading voices in the product management profession collaborated closely with working product managers to develop The Guide to the Product Management and Marketing Body of Knowledge (the ProdBOK® Guide). This effort was enhanced by project management, user experience, and business analyst thought leaders who further defined and optimized several essential working relationships that improve product manager effectiveness.
As a result of this groundbreaking collaboration within the product management community and across the adjoining professions, the ProdBOK Guide provides the most comprehensive view of product management and marketing as they apply to a wide range of goods and services. The resulting standard provides product managers with essential knowledge to improve the practice of product management and deliver organizational results.
This edition of the ProdBOK Guide:
• Introduces a product management lifecycle for goods and services
• Encompasses and defines traditional product development processes such as waterfall, as well as newer approaches that fall under the Agile umbrella
• Illustrates the various inputs and outputs that product managers should consider at each phase of the product management lifecycle
• Highlights how to optimize the working relationship between product management professionals and our counterparts in the project, program, portfolio management, user experience, and business analyst communities
• Describes essential tools that product managers should be aware of and utilize as they work to create value for their Organizations
The ProdBOK Guide represents an industry-wide effort to establish a standard for the practice of product management. The book was sponsored by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM). Founded in 1998, AIPMM aims to help professionals like you attain a higher level of knowledge and enhance the results you bring to your organizations every day.
We Also Recommend