A pioneer bishop of the American West once noted: “There is something almost sacramental about the life of the rural family.” Back when many of our grandparents and great-grandparents still worked on farms and ranches, an association now called Catholic Rural Life published The Rural Life Prayerbook (1956) to provide them spiritual support.
TAN Books now offers a new edition, with the original illustrations, of this charming collection of traditional prayers and blessings especially for those who live close to the land—not just rural farmers and ranchers, but also those in the cities and suburbs who labor lovingly in gardens and greenhouses, or in caring for animals.
Here you’ll find:
· Prayers for planting time, harvest, and rain
· Prayers for protection from fires, floods, and destructive pests
· Blessings for gardens, fields, pastures, wood lots, orchards, and vineyards
· Blessings for animals, barns, stables, mills, wells, and vehicles
· Blessings for foods, feed, seed, flowers, and wine
· Devotions in honor of St. Isidore the Farmer and St. Joseph the Worker
And much, much more.
Beautifully bound, The Rural Life Prayerbook is a devotional gem that makes a perfect gift for every lover of growing things.
Features include: Gold embossed cover, Green & Red ribbons, Printed end sheets, Original illustrations, Red-edged pages, Hardcover
We Also Recommend