Written by Msgr. Joseph Champlin (1930-2008) and first published in 1970, more than nine-million copies of Together for Life have been sold. The most recent edition was updated in 2011 with the help of Rev. Peter A. Jarret, C.S.C., to include the revised liturgical texts of the third edition of the Roman Missal and the Order of Celebrating Matrimony.
Each reading choice is accompanied by a reflection written by lay married theologians or pastoral leaders who are committed to the sacramental life of the church. Contributors include Ann M. Garrido, Msgr. Michael Heintz, Diana Macalintal, H. Richard McCord, Geoffrey D. Miller, Tim Muldoon, Julie Hanlon Rubio, and Deacon William F. Urbine.
Together for Life includes all of the information, prayers, blessings, and readings needed to plan a wedding that will be held during Mass, outside Mass, or between a Catholic and an unbaptized person. FAQs address questions couples may have about traditions such as readings, music, witnesses, and unusual circumstances.
Engaged couples use Together for Life when meeting with a priest, deacon, or lay parish minister to plan their wedding as they prepare for living the Sacrament of Marriage.
Together for Life includes:
- Approved texts for the Order of Celebrating Matrimony and prayers from the Roman Missal
- "The Word Brought Home," scripture commentaries by Catholic leaders
- Catechetical commentary by Rev. Peter Jarret, C.S.C., to help couples deepen their understanding of the Sacrament of Marriage
- Hints for incorporating ethnic and cultural devotions and practices into a Catholic wedding
- Sample intercessions
- How-to guides to help parish ministers
- FAQ section about the celebration of Catholic weddings
- Information on having civil marriages blessed or validated by the Church
- Tips for keeping love strong
The material in Together for Life is supported by TogetherforLifeOnline.com . The site includes an online selection form, Catholic wedding planning resources, and articles providing enrichment to both married and engaged couples.
We Also Recommend