Design of Analog Filters, Second Edition, moves beyond the elementary treatment of active filters built with opamps. The book discusses fundamental concepts; opamps; first- and second-order filters; second-order filters with arbitrary transmission zeros; filters with maximally flat magnitude, with equal ripple (Chebyshev) magnitude, and with inverse Chebyshev and Cauer response functions; frequency transformation; cascade designs; delay filters and delay equalization; sensitivity; LC ladder filters; ladder simulations by element replacement and by operational simulation; in addition, high-frequency filters based on transconductance-C concepts and on designs using spiral inductors are covered; as are switched-capacitor filters, and noise issues.
* Includes a wealth of examples, all of which have been tested on simulators or in actual industrial use
* Uses the very easy-to-use and learn program Electronics Workbench to help students simulate actual experimental behavior
* Provides sample design tables and design and performance curves
* Avoids sophisticated mathematics wherever possible in favor of algebraic or intuitive derivations
* Addresses practical and realistic design
We Also Recommend