Aimed at A-Level and beginning undergraduate students, Language and Gender:
- explores the relationship between language and our ideas about men and women
- challenges commonly expressed views on the subject of language and gender
- highlights the individual's role in the expression of gender stereotyping
- includes a range of text types as diverse as personal ads, wildlife documentary, literary fiction and classical music programmes
- includes a comprehensive glossary of terms.
The new edition has been updated and revised and key features include: an additional chapter on Gender, discourse and identities; integration of focus on gender, sexualization, and sexuality; inclusion of international examples, texts and images.
We Also Recommend