In this era of rigorous standards, testing, and overcrowded curricula, many teachers are left wondering how they’re ever going to cover the material. Less Is More in Elementary School offers realistic solutions by providing ways teachers can streamline their curriculum, get the most out of assessment, communicate with families, and engage students in their own learning. This much-needed book will help you meet the demands of the Common Core more efficiently and effectively.
You’ll learn how to…
- integrate the curriculum so that you can take time to slow down and explore topics in depth;
- help students become critical readers, problem solvers, collaborators, and communicators;
- make students more engaged, reflective, and self-regulating;
- get the most out of assessment during this era of high-stakes testing;
- maintain high expectations for all students but modify instruction to ensure all students progress;
- communicate more effectively with families to build trust during a time of change and high-stakes assessments; and
- overcome obstacles, such as the emphasis on testing, the need for more technology, and finding teacher collaboration time.
Each chapter is filled with practical strategies that you can implement immediately, as well as suggested resources for learning more about a particular topic.
We Also Recommend