Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek (Faithgirlz / The Good News Shoes)
- ISBN: 0310742943
- Binding: Paperback
- Publication Date: 2014-01-28
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.63 x 8.38 inches
Product DescriptionGr 4–6—In Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek, seventh-grader Riley Mae's life changes drastically when her father, who owns an advertising company, lands a contract with Swiftriver, a company that makes athletic shoes for girls. Riley becomes the company's spokesgirl and finds that though she loves many of the elements of her new responsibilities, there are many things she doesn't like. As the story progresses, it becomes evident that the Swiftriver people are not who they say they are. The photographer and Riley's make-up assistant turn out to be fugitives running from a killer who murdered their wealthy father. The killer follows them all up a mountain where a photo shoot is to take place. The story quickly morphs into a survival/adventure tale as Riley, her father, and the other characters must flee from the danger of an approaching storm and an aggressive killer. In Riley Mae and the Ready Eddy Rapids, the family is fleeing with the former photographer and make-up artist to a resort hideaway where the killer can't find them. Many of the same characters are in the second book, in addition to a Somali boy who provides inspiration to Riley because of his courage in battling leukemia. By the conclusion of the second book, Riley has another narrow escape from the killer and is on her way to a foreign country to hide from the impending danger, setting the stage for the next book. This is a new offshoot series of "FaithGirlz!" (Zonderkidz) and the author does a good job of weaving Riley's religious life and activities into the story. At times, Riley turns to prayer and attends church services and activities. None of this is presented in a heavy-handed manner—just as a natural part of the protagonist's life. Though somewhat formulaic and predictable, the likable characters and fast-paced plot will appeal to readers who enjoy series fiction. Riley Mae is an athletic, gutsy character who presents a strong role model for girls who are underrepresented in action series. Give these to fans of the "Sammy Keyes" series by Wendelin Van Draanen (Random) and reluctant readers.—Tina Martin, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, IL
The easiest way to place and pay for an order is to use our shopping cart.
- We accept PayPal and these credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- We don’t accept personal checks.
If you have any questions regarding placing an order or want to know about the status of an order, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We ship only within the continental United States. We offer FREE SHIPPING to all orders!
Our products are shipped via USPS/UPS/FedEx within 3 business days. A business day is Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time). If your order comes in after 5:00 PM it’ll be processed the next business day.
The tracking information will be sent to your email address when your order gets shipped. You should be present at the shipping address to receive your package. Shipments of live animals and plants should not be left unattended.
If you have any questions regarding shipping or want to know about the status of an order, email us at email@example.com
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a tracking number, which shows the items which you already returned to us.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Book with obvious signs of use
- CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Items returned to us as a result of our error will receive a full refund,some returns may be subject to a restocking fee of 7% of the total item price, please contact a customer care team member to see if your return is subject. Returns that arrived on time and were as described are subject to a restocking fee.
Items returned to us that were not the result of our error, including items returned to us due to an invalid or incomplete address, will be refunded the original item price less our standard restocking fees.
If the item is returned to us for any of the following reasons, a 15% restocking fee will be applied to your refund total and you will be asked to pay for return shipping:
- Item(s) no longer needed or wanted.
- Item(s) returned to us due to an invalid or incomplete address.
- Item(s) returned to us that were not a result of our error.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
We'll pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). In other cases, you will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Books - New and Used
The following guidelines apply to books:
- New: A brand-new copy with cover and original protective wrapping intact. Books with markings of any kind on the cover or pages, books marked as "Bargain" or "Remainder," or with any other labels attached, may not be listed as New condition.
- Used - Like New: Item may have minor cosmetic defects (marks, wears, cuts, bends, crushes) on the cover, spine, pages or dust cover. Dust cover is intact and pages are clean and not marred by notes. Item may contain remainder marks on outside edges. Item may be missing bundle media.
- Used - Very Good: Item may have minor cosmetic defects (marks, wears, cuts, bends, crushes) on the cover, spine, pages or dust cover. Shrink wrap, dust covers, or boxed set case may be missing. Item may contain remainder marks on outside edges, which should be noted in listing comments. Item may be missing bundled media.
- Used - Good: All pages and cover are intact (including the dust cover, if applicable). Spine may show signs of wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. May include "From the library of" labels. Shrink wrap, dust covers, or boxed set case may be missing. Item may be missing bundled media.
- Used - Acceptable: All pages and the cover are intact, but shrink wrap, dust covers, or boxed set case may be missing. Pages may include limited notes, highlighting, or minor water damage but the text is readable. Item may but the dust cover may be missing. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting, but the text cannot be obscured or unreadable.
Note: Some electronic material access codes are valid only for one user. For this reason, used books, including books listed in the Used – Like New condition, may not come with functional electronic material access codes.
Music - New and Used
Music formats include vinyl, magnetic tape, and disc. In addition to the General Condition Guidelines, the following guidelines apply:
- New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new item. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments. Original packaging is present for most New items but certain items may be re-boxed.
- Used - Like New: The jewel case, cassette case, or album cover has no scratches or scuffing. Cover art, liner notes, and inclusions are in perfect condition. Packaging may have a remainder cut-out, which should be noted in the listing comments.
- Used - Very Good: The packaging, cover art, liner notes, or inclusions may show limited signs of wear.
- Used - Good: The item or packaging may have identifying markings from its owner.
- Used - Acceptable: The item plays perfectly but is otherwise the worse for wear. Packaging and inclusions may be damaged, marked, or missing. Note any missing items in the listing comments.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.