The CRC Press Terrorism Reader assembles the insight of an unrivaled pool of author experts to provide the ultimate comprehensive resource on terrorism. With information drawn from premier titles in the CRC Press collection, the book begins by discussing the origins and definitions of terrorism as well as its motivations and psychology. It goes on to explore a range of issues, providing readers with an understanding of what the terrorist threat is, the history behind it, and strategies to detect, mitigate, and prevent attacks.
- Terrorist organizations and cells
- Phases of the terrorist cycle, including target selection, planning and preparation, escape and evasion, and media exploitation
- Weapons of mass destruction (WMDs), including chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN)
- Methods for deterrence and intelligence-driven counterterrorism
- The terrorist threat from Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia
- The impact of the Arab Spring
- Why suicide bombings are the ultimate terrorist tool
- The crime-terror nexus and terrorist funding
- Technology in terrorism and counterterrorism
Providing real-world insight and solutions to terrorist threats and acts at home and abroad, the book goes beyond theory to deliver practitioner knowledge from the field straight into the reader’s hands.
We Also Recommend